Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Sometimes life comes at you fast...



Well... So much for taking a picture of the office down in Doha. Apparently there was a diversion in the way.

I personally think the first floor of the building is a front operation for some super spy type stuff. I mean who puts a fancy furniture/oriental rug store underneath a regular office building?

They have lots of entertaining traffic laws here and lots of entertaining traffic signs. "Diversion" is their word for "detour". They also have "Deep Excavation" signs up anywhere there are holes deeper than 2 feet.

Of course if you've had enough navagating their insane traffic and crazy roads you could always stop to have your hair cut at the nearest saloon. Nope, not a typo. Well it is... but they don't realize it. It's about 50/50 whether you see a Salon or a Saloon. It drives me nuts to see the English language butchered like that.

I tried to get more pictures up by my internet is being lame right now. I'll be back with more regular updates starting now. Things are finally settling into a routine... Let's just say the last few weeks have been full of sadness, happiness, and pure insanity. Good thing I'm a pretty stable person... This place could drive a man to drink... Of course you'd have to drive a long way for a drink.

I still miss you all lots.

No comments: