Monday, July 21, 2008

Is it the 26th of August yet?

....How about now?

It's getting to be the ugly time of year. Today hit 115, but the humidity was down. Of course so was the wind. Now I'm wondering how this compares to the Air Base. We're right on the coast here, but the base is a little further inland.

I still can't get over the different types of food here. You can't even say "arabic" food. The spices are all different, the cuts of meat are different(especially the asian fare and their idea of "chicken".... I think they grow a mutant species of chicken that have extra bones... or maybe they just take frozen chicken and cut them up with a band saw... It drives me crazy). I'm also trying to figure out the mechanics of "beef bacon" I mean it tastes a lot like real bacon, similar texture, looks the same... How does that work?? I also need to figure out how to make Naan bread. It's a flat bread and often filled with cheese or topped with sesame seeds(or both)... There are bakeries everywhere here. They make all kinds of bread too. Everything you'd expect to see... lots of fancy coffee shop type places...

I don't know, not much else is happening(I'll say this though Kel, In a couple of weeks I may have something to share that won't make you real happy, hehe).

I almost shouldn't have booked my flight... now I'm constantly thinking about it.

Miss you all lots.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

What does that mean? No encrypted messages allowed.... You have to tell us what you are talking about..... I'll haunt you you don't really have to be dead to do that you know!

JR said...

You can't haunt me. Besides I can't tell what I don't know...