Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Random thoughts...

I think I've figured out that I speak a different language than most people around here. While that seems obvious on the surface(there are something like 33 different nationalities on site here) I'm talking about the people who speak English as their first language. I say things that, to me, make perfect sense but I tend to get blank looks in response. I try rearranging the words and still get blank looks. I frequently have to resort to drawing pictures to communicate ideas. I'm not used to it. It's really frustrating when I have a good idea and can't get people to track what I'm saying(or when I'm warning people of a potential problem). Blah.

Anyway, like I said before things are settling down here. What I should have said is that I'm learning to manage the chaos better. There are never fewer than three things that I should/could be doing at any time but I'm starting to develop the skill of prioritizing and being productive with constant interruptions and meetings... It's pretty counterintuitive for me. I'm used to dropping everything to help someone. If I did that I'd never get anything done here.

We had Turkish for dinner. I really like Turkish food. Also just in case you were wondering the people around here don't know how to cut chicken right... or they use mutant chickens that have bones around here. I haven't decided which.

Oh well. I should probably get back to work now.

I miss you guys.

JR

No comments: