Sunday, July 13, 2008

Major pic update

Pics from my two trips to Doha(I've made more actual trips but these are all from the two trips I had my camera).




Oh look it's vegetation...


...or maybe it's just a mirage...


That looks more like a desert. This is the entrance to Al Khor(or the exit in this case).


Here are a couple of highway signs. The numbers above are the arabic characters. Unlike the rest of arabic writing they read left to right(like us).


All the intersections in Doha that have traffic signals(as oppossed to the roundabouts) have red light cameras.


It's the Po-lice! They all drive SUVs over here.


You'll see lots of these little trucks over here. Every Japanese car maker has them. 4 door tiny little trucks... Never seen anything like them.


You'll also see lots of vans like this.


Even a few of these...


Hey look it's all black. I bet that gets a little warm to drive during the day...


That looks familiar.


So does that... sort of...


Inside the Villagio Mall's food court. TGI Friday's, Macaroni Grill, Krispy Kreme donuts, and a really fancy steak place next to it(I'll get into the malls in another post, once I have some more shots)...


I haven't seen one of those in the states in a long time, but there apparently a few of them around here.


Mmmmm ice cream.....


You know a country is entering the western world when Toys R Us shows up...


Want an expensive car? They sell lots of them here(and you'll even see them on the roads), especially Mercedes and BMWs.


Carrefour: Europe's Wal Mart


That's all for now. I have lots of pictures and plan to take even more before I come back. Also I finally have an address that I know how to ship to. I've had a couple of people ask, so if you need or want to send me anything just send me an email(jr_g_2006@yahoo.com).

No comments: